Included among Stampa Abogados’ clients are outstanding companies in the renewable energy sector.
Stampa Abogados’ forensic experience provides the knowledge to design judicial, procedural and business strategies adapted to these complex disputes in which different legal areas converge.
Stampa Abogados’ experience in this sector includes participation in over twenty lawsuits in the field of renewable energy, both in arbitration proceedings and in court proceedings.
As counsel in arbitration proceedings our cases include amongst others:
- The representation of a Spanish civil engineering company in an ad hoc arbitration for a claim for damages for the early termination of an EPC construction contract for a wind farm in Spain.
- The representation of a Spanish renewable energy company in an arbitration under the Rules of the Madrid Court of Arbitration (CAM) against the Spanish affiliate of a Belgian multinational engineering firm, over damages incurred as a result of breach of an EPC turnkey contract for the construction of a biomass plant in Spain.
As arbitrators our cases include amongst others:
- Chairman of an arbitration tribunal under the Rules of Madrid Court of Arbitration (CAM) over claims for damages incurred from the construction of a renewable energy plant.
- Sole arbitrator under the Rules of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) over the determination of damages incurred as a result of the breach of a purchasing contract between a German company and a Panamanian entity, for aero generators for the construction of a wind farm.
- Arbitrator in an arbitration tribunal under the Civil and Commercial Court of Arbitration (CIMA) over the implementation of performance bank guarantees in a civil EPC engineering contract for the construction of a biomass plant signed by a German constructor and a Spanish owner.