Aylin Villarpando is a practising lawyer with international experience in jurisdictions such as Bolivia and Spain. She has also worked in the areas of corporate law, litigation, and arbitration. Her legal studies focus on international business law, arbitration, and corporate law.
In addition, Aylin is dedicated to legal research related to arbitration and has had the opportunity to publish articles in academic journals, as well as the publication of her first book. Moreover, Aylin is leading the creation of an international platform with the aim of disseminating and training young professionals in arbitration and conciliation in Bolivia.
She currently works in the fields of national, international and investment arbitration, advising clients before institutions such as the ICC or ICSID or under the UNCITRAL rules.
Aylin works in Spanish and English and is also fluent in French.
- Ministerio de Justicia del Estado Plurinacional de Bolivia (Lawyers´ Public Register).
- Asociación Iberoamericana de Derecho Privado .Chapter Bolivia.
- Young ICCA member: International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Young ITA member: Institute for Transnational Arbitration.
- LIA young practitioner member : Latin American International Arbitration.
- Young ICSID member:International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- IBAC 40 (Young pratitioners group) co-founder-member: Instituto Boliviano de Arbitraje y Conciliación.
- 2019 - 2020
Master’s degree in international business law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, España
Law and international business
Diploma in corporative law, Consejo Iberoamericano de Derecho y Gobernanza, La Paz, Bolivia
Diploma in environment law, Consejo Iberoamericano de Derecho y Gobernanza, La Paz, Bolivia
Diploma in Arbitration, Conciliation Negotiation, Universidad Real de la Cámara Nacional de Comercio, La Paz, Bolivia
Arbitraje y métodos alternativos a la resolución de conflictos
- 2014 - 2018
Law Degree, Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”, La Paz, Bolivia